- one chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- two chopped carrots
- two-three large sliced bell peppers
- One large can of diced tomatoes, with liquid.
- 2 Tablespoons of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- heat a large pan with about 2 tablespoons of cooking oil (medium heat)
- cook onion and garlic until just warmed through.
- Add carrots.
- Around 4-5 minutes later, add peppers
- Cook until the carrots are soft.
- Add the tomatoes and their liquid, cook until everything is warmed through.
- Add the spices, cook for 3-4 more minutes.
- Blend until smooth.
I topped the bowl with some whole cumin seeds for some texture and extra flavor. Let me know what you think 🙂